This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 08:20 PM 4/17/01 -0600, you wrote:
This message is from: "Shareknot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In researching the ancestry of my Fjords I find the letters NY and N in
front of some of the registration numbers. Can anyone tell me what they
mean??

Well if your doing the research on the Canadian Livestock web site then the NY is for a Norwegian Registration number. On the NFHR web site we use the N- for the Norwegian numbers. We use H- for the Netherlands, G- for Germany, D- for Denmark, S- for Sweden & a C- is used for Canada. You will also see numbers like 2345-B - they are numbers of the Norwegian Fjord Assoc of North America.

I am from Alberta Canada and perhaps these are Canadian registration
numbers.  Thanks to anyone who can help me

Hope this helped you out.  Welcome to the list.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114