This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 4/11/01 12:30:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Among "ordinary" horses, there are pale blacks as well as very dark
> chestnuts. I've seen pics of pale black icelandic that look seal brown to

We were told in Pony Club that you look at a horses "points".  Those are the
tips of the ears, the nose, the legs, and around the eyes.  Which is how you
can tell a very dark bay from a black.  In looking at the pics on a fjord
color site, I really had to check the points for the color indicators.  Then
I went back to look at my horse.  He seems to be a yellow dun, but when you
check his actual points, he's a brown dun.

Kate in CT
owned by Baldur the wonder fjord
graduate B pony clubber
MysticPonyClub egroups moderator