This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Marsha,

Monday, March 26, 2001, 21:28:21, you wrote:

> Continuing the Fjord history lesson....

> There were a few importations of Fjords into the US in the late 1950's
> and early 1960's.  However, the first of the US Fjord registries
> (Norwegian Fjord Association, NFA) wasn't started until the late
> 1970's.  In the interim, breeders kept their own records.  One of
> these was Robert Purdy, of Buffalo, Wyoming (28 Ranch).

  I was told recently that many of Purdy's horses originally came from
  the Broadmoor Hotel herd in Colorado Springs? Can anyone speak to
  the accuracy of this story? Where did other horses from the
  Broadmoor go?

--
Steve McIlree -- Pferd & Skipper -- Omaha, Nebraska, USA
  There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse.