This message is from: "sandra church" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi everyone
Vivian expressed concern over her to-be-imported fjords and just today this information was sent through The Horse newsletter. The procedure and requirements for handling horses imported into the US from countries with FMD (foot & mouth disease) is explained at this website:
http://www.thehorse.com/news/index031601_fmd.html

Gail's mention of the Santa Fe outfitter was timely for me. This weekend, our local Powhatan Riding Association is meeting at my home and the guest speaker will demonstrate how to "pack" a horse. Of course, my Loki will be used since he's more dependable than the rest of my equines. Hopefully, he won't startle too many of the club members because anytime he greets a new person, he sticks his nose in their face for a long sniff. Then if he likes the person, he sticks out his tongue from the side of his mouth and wants you to stroke it. That's the first thing he did to me when I answered his "for sale" ad and I'm curious if anyone else's fjord does this.

For anyone near Richmond, Va. there's a Introduction to Carriage Driving clinic on Sunday, March 25th from 10am to 2:30pm at the Deep Run Hunt Club Showgrounds at Manakin-Sabot. The demonstrations include: obstacle course driving, driving attire & appropriate turnout, training, safety, & choosing a suitable driving horse. There is no charge but bring a pot luck dish. For more info, contac Dot Ruqus at 804-556-4486 or Cheryl Childress at 804-784-0001. Last year, there were several fjords there. Too bad Loki doesn't have his harness or cart yet.

Happy trails....Sandra in Va.