This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

I lost a sale once by mentioning that Fjords could be similar to mules in
their reactions to training, and were very smart. The lady feared that a
Fjord would be "too smart" for her. Oh well, it was probably for the best,
since that relationship would have started out with some psychological
obstacles to overcome. When folks ask, as they often do, "Aren't Fjords
stubborn?",  I substitute the adjectives self-confident and determined.  I
believe that whatever is being asked of a Fjord has to make sense to the
horse.

Earthquake update - the lights in our barn were acting funny, seemingly
deciding on their own whether to brighten, dim, or go off. Evidently our
ground shook enough to nick one of the underground lines bringing power into
the barn. Will get it sleuthed tomorrow.

Sadie comes home from the trainer's tomorrow for her last month of "lying
in." Every day I will say "sweet little grey filly" over and over as I pat
her tummy and groom her. I imagine we will either get a baby that feels very
welcomed or quite neurotic. Hope Sadie doesn't decide to foal on the date of
the Pre-Evaluation clinic in Spokane, April 7. I don't want to miss it.

Erlend will stay at Kelley's except for his trips home to do his husbandly
duty to the brand new phantom mare - grey, naturally. Doug is doing his
husbandly duty and building it/her. I think "Flossie" would be a good name
for her. Dennis Johnson failed to come up with anything even remotely
appropriate in Norwegian, so we are on our own....

We're madly trying to get all the loose ends tied up before we go to Norway,
and now are wondering whether any livestock [a lovely Norwegian Fjord filly,
for example] will be allowed to leave Europe. We might have to settle for a
Volvo instead, but it wouldn't be the same. [Just kidding - who can afford a
new Volvo...?]

Welcome to the lurkers who are finally coming out. Come on in, the chatter's
fine! And be sure to visit all the web sites, they are getting better all
the time. We have kidnapped a teenager in the area who knows how to create
animation on Pagemaker, so look for that soon on our site.

Bye for now,

Peg Knutsen - Ellensburg, WA
http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/