This message is from: "truman matz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-----Original Message-----
From: M.Bijster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 2:56 AM
Subject: re question

>This message is from: "M.Bijster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>In Norway or Holland are all colts gelded that do not get a certain rating?
>
>in Holland, yes
>
>greetings, Marion

What do they do to control the quality of the breeding mares?  It seems to
me that at least 50%, (or more), of the genetics that make up a foal come
from the mare.   Yet I never hear anything about quality control of mares
from any of the countries.  Only the stallions.  (Yes, I realize the
stallion can be responsible for many foals in one season, whereas the mare
only one in a season.  But that one should be the very best it can be.)
Judy