This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fred,
I'm glad all is well on Pack's Peak.  From what I've read, tho, what you
have to worry about more than earthquakes is what will happen when Mount
Rainier blows someday.  Wilkeson is right in the path of predicted
Pyroclastic mud flows.  How would that affect your place?
(Just giving you something more to worry about! LOL)

We regularly have small earthquakes here, last one was 5.+ something, last
month; I thought it was a big truck or snowplow rumbling by, rattled the
house.  A bigger one a year or so ago was in the 6.+ range, woke me up with
the bed rocking. These were shallow. But Fairbanks is much better off than
Anchorage, as there is solid bedrock under Fairbanks, while Anchorage is
built on a clay/silt material that turns to mush when shaken!  AND they're
rebuilding in the areas where the Big 1964 earthquake did the most damage!
Foolish!
And of course, there is always some volcano or another erupting in the
Aleutians.

My fuzzy Fjords are starting to shed...I came in covered with hair after
scraping some off yesterday. They have a LONG way and bushels of hair to go
to "slick"!

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, cooler today, only +20 degrees and sunny.

At 10:00 PM 2/28/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Frederick J. \(Fred\) Pack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>All is well at Pack's Peak.
>
>When the quake hit, I thought they were blasting at the quarry next to us.

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]