This message is from: "M.Bijster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi list
I want to share with you an experience I had last weekend with my 13 year
old Fjord mare Hansje
I went on a 3 day trip with about 25 riders in a beautiful place in the
woods.
We are all members  of an association of freetime riders
That means, that all kind of horses are gathered and most of the people
abhorr classical English dressage
I don't, love it, but kept my mouth shut during the discussions
All kinds of horses were there, many quarters, Arabs, KWPN, Haflinger and my
Fjord
Very nice  people, most  of them riding Western style
I joined the club because I love to ride outside and make long rides and
they organise daytrips and more days events where you can go trailriding
Beside that, I ride in the arena with Hansje and she is pretty well trained
in classical dressage. I get half an hours lesson each week and we are
rapidly progressing
This weekend was also for training; there was a lady, well trained in
Western riding and some people only rode the training.
They really needed it as I saw when I looked sometimes, the horses not being
well-mannered and ill-ridden.
You can here in The Netherlands almost everywhere get good basic lessons,
yes, but its is classical and they want it all different
The third day I joined the lessons, because she would also teach Iberian
riding and guess who did it outstanding. . . .my Fjord
At last a well trained horse came in the arena and I could not only join in
immediately, Hansje and I were doing so well she said that she took me
apart after the others were ready to train me privately.
Iberian riding is a lot like good performed classical riding so she
continued almost where my last week lesson ended.
It was fun to experience it and I was of couse very content !
I was  so proud of my Hansje
Greetings, Marion