This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 2/20/01 12:45:48 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Oh, and while I think about it, since I don't do winters well, poor Venn's
 mane has gone untrimmed since it got cold and is now falling over -- do I
 roach it right down and let it grow back from scratch, or do I try to shape
 it?  I - am - NOT - good at this mane thing -- I don't even do my own hair.

   Dont even roach it, get out those clippers and take it all off, down to
the skin.  They look much like drowned rats at first, then they get this
pretty little black stripe popping up, then about 4-6 weeks later, you have
the most beautiful, stand-up Fjord mane you have ever seen.  Just put the
blinkers on for those first few days !   Lisa * who has to do all our mature
horses now, cause they grow back sooooooo nice.