This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>We are also wary of de-wormers containing Ivermectin, with the support of
>our vet, and only give it once a year for Bots. We use Strongid and
>Anthelcide. We also use a Pro-biotic before and after vaccination or
worming
>in recognition of the shock to the horse.

Peg...what is wrong with Ivermectin?  We use that particular wormer. I know
it is dangerous for Border Collies but thought it was safe for horses. We
also use Strongid  but I am concerned that using the same wormers over and
over will eventually make the worms immune to the wormer over time.
With all the reactions this worming and vaccination thing is getting really
scary.  I would be very interested in hearing different opinions about
wormers.  Have a great day everyone.
Sue in N.B. (Desert Storm's mom)