This message is from: SueFreivald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

One of the difficulties with this incredibly wonderful venue is that there
is no hint of a smiling face, a warmth of expression, a tongue-in-cheek, or
a scowl.  It is emotion-neutral in the sense that the body language and
intonation we use in normal conversation is missing.  Makes it real easy to
take something "wrong", or feel attacked when that (may not be) the intent.
That's where those funny little faces called emoticons came from.  :~).
Just as someone felt that Carol was shouting with her CAPITAL LETTERS and
Carol's intent was simply emphasis, it is easy to mis read and/or over react
to the  words we put out on the digest.  Our family -- 10 adult children,
six spouses, and two adult grandchildren, plus the matriarch and patriarch
(me and papa) have a list-serve, or virtual kitchen table, of our own, and
we had to really work at understanding how easy misunderstanding can be
on-line.  Feelings can be easily hurt, feathers ruffled.  Great charity and
assumption of good will is certainly required.  I delight in the passion and
knowledge and desire for knowledge displayed here.  We have the same needs
as a Fjord Family as our own small Freivald Family has when it comes to this
kind of communication.  Keep up the GOOD work (not a shout, an emphasis!).
Thanks for letting me put in my two cents.