This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

     > We call them what they are too. We usually refer to them as Draft
>Ponies. Show me one single " sand box " including the ones you <already>
>mentioned that would put a 14.2 equine or under in a horse catagory, for
>showing / breeding / referance purposes. Just one.  Bet you cant !  My
coffee
>table book on the " Horses of the World " and my desk referance to " ALL
>Breeds, both list them under the pony chapters. Along with Halflingers,
>Fells, Connemara, American Shetland, Hackney Ponys, and Welsh.

According to a horse book that I own, in the  section on Arabians..... and I
quote " Normally standing 14 to 15 hands (although there no height
restrictions for the breed),"  etc.... so it sounds as if in the Arabian
registry any purebred, registered Arab can be shown in Arabian  horse
classes regardless of size.
The horse book, entitled "Horses" was written by Kate Reddick.

-

>In my book, THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK, Chapter 1 is titled, "Big Pony or
>Little Horse?"  The gist of the chapter is an article by a New Brunswick
>woman named Afiena Kamminga, a breeder of Welsh Ponies.

I just had to comment Carol... I know this lady well.  She is a neighbour
and a friend of mine.  I have known her for years and have ridden with her
on several occasions.  Thank you for letting me know about her article.  I
shall get a copy from her and read it.  Thanks again.
Sue in N.B. (Desert Storm's mom)