This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It does happen Julie.  My stallion, Romulus, did not have a certificate when
I bought him.  At that time he had already sired several babies who had been
registered.  (Nice ones, I might add. :))  I doubt I would have realized he
even needed one at all if Mike May had not mentioned that the deadline for
getting him into the Herald was coming up ...and advised me that I needed
BOTH to file a stallion breeding report for 2000 and get him a vet
certificate.  We did a rush job and got it done...but I would otherwise
never have known.  And, without a requirement, would probably not have done
it because it was perfectly obvious to me that he had two  large (Bob Van
Bon would love them :)) and most definitely descended testicles, and that
his bite was just fine.

So....it probably really would help to have this requirement in place, ala
Carol's suggestion..just in case.

Have not completely reviewed Carol's suggestions, but could not find
problems with it when quickly reviewing.  Will look at more carefully when I
get a few things done around here that are being sorely neglected.

Gail

>Maybe it is "much ado about nothing".  Maybe there are not stallions
>producing NFHR registered offspring that do not have a veterinary
>certificate filed.  Mike, can answer that?
Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]