This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello everyone,

Thought I would throw in my thoughts on the inclusion of foreign evaluation
results in the NFHR Evaluation Book as this is a great topic and also,
something all of us as breeders and owners need to consider for the
maintaining of the quality of our beloved Fjords.

Personally, I am against inclusion into the NFHR Evaluation book any foreign
evaluated Fjords.  I would think one of the goals of the Fjord Horse
International would be the combining of all countries and evaluation results
into a cohesive whole.  This is a worthy goal and definitely a goal which
needs all of our support.  However, this combining of different evaluation
results from different countries/judges should not be the responsibility of
the NFHR.  The NFHR is NOT an international Registry.

I wonder, if someone imported an NFHR approved evaluated AMERICAN stallion or
mare to Norway, Holland, Germany, etc., would these results be automatically
listed in that country's evaluation record books or would this animal be
required to complete that particular country's testing to be proven a quality
Fjord?

I suppose the biggest question I have is why do some of you who import oppose
bringing your imported Fjords to an American Evaluation?  What is the purpose
of avoiding these evaluations?  To create the idea of unity which has been
mentioned, the logical course of action would be to have your imported Fjord
evaluated in the American system.  This way, your Fjord now has additional
credentials which can only add value to your breeding program.  I am afraid I
do not see the problem, here.

On the other hand, I do believe it wise to include NFHR approved American
held Kuering results in the Evaluation Book.  These Kuerings are important to
many who cannot make, for whatever reasons, the long trips to NFHR
evaluations.  They also could certainly be used as a tool to breeders to
compare American and foreign judging standards.  It is a great resource.  As
long as they are approved by the NFHR, these results should be included.

Regards,

Lynda
Bailey's Norwegian Fjord Horse Farm
White Cloud, MI