This message is from: "Tish Pasqual" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Time to join in with everyone else with an introduction and bio.

I am Tish Pasqual, 45 years old, live in Minneapolis(right in the city) and
board my first/one and only horse Elphineas at a friend's place east of St.
Paul (so I am "geographically challeneged" as far as my horsey activities go).
I have been on the list for about a year and a half, and mostly lurk, but the
benefits I have gotten from this list and the Carriage Driving list have been
terrific.

When I bought Elph I didn't really know what I was doing (had ridden friend's
horses for about nine years at that point, trailriding and some lessons), just
fell in love with the breed and then with the three month old Elph.  I lucked
out, however, as he is a very nice specimen (Oliver son, Konggard grandson)
although at 14.2 a little tall for me, though I know a number of people who
like that size!  He has had some training for driving and riding, and will go
back to the trainer for April and May for some more work, and so that I can
take lessons with the trainer.

As to the rest of my life, I have a non-horsey husband and 11 year old son, two
Australian Sheperds Piper and Ookpic (Piper is half sister to one of Mike
McGinley's dogs), a 100 year old Victorian house that we are trying to get up
to a shabby chic level, and I work as a Marketing Research Manager.

The benefits of the list for me have been meeting some great people at Blue
Earth and other shows and at the Midwest Winter meeting, buying a terrific and
affordable beta biothane harness from Steve McI (our very own list-master),
getting training tips in person and on the list, forming some across the
country friendships that would never have happend without this list, and just
generally feeling very much in-the-know about what is happening with the fjord
world.  I just a little backyard owner, but have found it to be a very
welcoming world and appreciate all of the information that is shared on the
list.  I even like the controversy, most people I know are too polite to argue
about anything!

We are looking forward to a very big year as Elph will be four on Cinco de
Mayo, so this
will be a big training year for him.  He particularly likes driving, but with a
2000 acre park reserve right next to where I board he is going to learn to like
being ridden too!

Tish and Elph in Minneapolis
Looking forward to the Sleigh Rally at Lake Phalen in St. Paul on Sunday!