This message is from: Gregor Fellers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We are all back safe and sound from Washington DC. Everyone commented on
how well the Fjords were behaved and wanted to be sure that they were
represented next time.  Because of the constant waiting (We were mounted
for 8 hours in the rain), and the commotion  many of the horses had to be
tranquilized and still were unruly.

Amy and Hannah would not drink the local water because of the strong
chlorine smell in the water from the tap. The entire week we had to provide
them with bottled water from the Walmart ($$$). These are the same horses
that would battle to the death over a morsel of hay buried in a manure pile.

CSPAN had the best coverage, really zoomed in on the Fjords for a few
seconds. Our group had 39 riders ranging from 5 to 85 years old. ABS World
News approached us after the parade and filmed some coverage, but I am
unaware if it was ever aired.

The "peaceful" protesters portraied by the press were not that all
peaceful. Many of the horse vans were vandalized and tires were slashed.
Luckily our driver stayed with his rig and was uneffected.

Thanks to all the list members, for their kind comments posted.

Carol Fellers