This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> About the drooling.  I heard once that drooling can be a sign of an
> ulcer.  Don't know much else about it, sorry.

Haven't heard that one.  I think the most common causes of drooling that
I see in order from most common to least common are:  1)  foxtail or
thistle sores  2) baby teeth that don't want to shed  3)  choke  4)
clover  5) foreign bodies, i.e. wire, sticks, etc.

> In regards to the salt blocks.  My horses used to use both the brown
> mineral/salt block and the plain salt blocks.

I wouldn't really bother with the mineral blocks.  There just isn't
enough mineral in those things to add much to the diet, especially if you
are already feeding a commercial diet.  Just stick with the salt blocks
as a treat and to ensure adequate water intake.

Steve

Steve and Amy White
Prairieholm Farm
Waterloo, Nebraska