This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So sorry Linda.  It might make you feel better to know that there was almost
certainly nothing you could have done to change this.  Also, from the little
I have learned about horse pregnancies, one possibility for a cause may be
that she was carrying twins.  I've been told that 8-9 months is typically
when they abort twins...as the uterus just is not big enough to carry both
foals.  Perhaps more knowledgeable folks on the list can confirm (or not
confirm) this?

Gail

At 08:34 AM 1/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>This message is from: "linda hickam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>My mare Karin, lost her 81/2 month old colt yesterday.....very sad and to
>make it worse........a fox ate his ears off and had started chewing  on
>other parts......{ nature is kind of blunt}

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]