This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/13/01 8:58:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I think this spring I will do more ground
 driving involving some of your suggestions and Lisa P's despooking
 variety.  It's those darn turkeys.  Osa is sure they are out to get her. >>

Hi Jane-

I too learned a lot from Lisa P's email, in fact I printed it for reference!
As a beginner driver I am sucking up as much info as possible.

Re; turkeys. Are you familiar with clicker training? Myself & several other
list members (speak up, guys!) are real aficionados of this
positive-reinforcement method. For more info, visit  <A
HREF="http://theclickercenter.com/";>Clicker Training for Your Horse</A> .
When Jack & I took Fjord Rafael to the "Bethlehem AD" show, I called it a
crash course in things which are scary to horses! So much to get used to, in
24 hours! Using the clicker, we got Rafael accustomed to many things
including chickens. The exercise gives the horse an incentive to get used to
things, rather than just expecting him to do it.

Brigid Wasson
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
 <A HREF="http://members.nbci.com/mrgnpetsit/fjord1";>Our Fjords</A>