This message is from: Storme Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bonnie Liermann wrote:
 But I know someone who
> has a Jack Russell terrier and that dog was merciless with their
> chickens and turkeys.  I guess it probably depends on the dog and
> training as a puppy.  She is fine with tiny kittens that run away from
> her, but when we bring wood into the basement and there is a mouse or
> mole, she won't even come upstairs until it is dead.  Even if it takes
> days, I kid you not!
>
> bonnie

I have a Jack Russell Terrier and a Toy fox Terrier--both related to the
Rat Terrier and very similar in their characteristics......

My Toy fox could care less about the chickens and ducks and such...his
breed was not intended for hunting and I can tell....my Jack Russell
would love nothing more than to sink her teeth into any varmit...better
if it has legs like a squirrel, but a chicken will do!  I have
consistently trained her not to exhibit that behavior at my barn, and
she doesn't.  Now if I could only model my consistency with the way I
train my dogs into the way I am with Jordan!