This message is from: "Michele Bigelow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Stovar, my 5 year old Fjord gelding, and Blue a paint gelding, both who were
bred and raised as foals by me,  are houdinis.   Blue would actually step
between the electric fence wires  and step out of the pasture, much to the
chagrin of his pasture mates.  We never knew where he'd be when we would get
home from work.  He was sold to a friend and is baorded at another friends
and they always have a new "blue" story about him unlatching the gates, the
stalls.....freeing all the horses...and so on.....

Anyway, Stovar slips out of halters and bridles, almost at will it seems.  I
use ties with the metal safety snaps to tie him anywhere I go in public.
And he is tied short, I don't want him getting any ideas about "leverage".

I do think I broke his cross tie/halter slipping out problem in the barn.  I
have attached a small hunters bell (from state line tack) onto his halter,
and he keeps himself amused ringing his bell.  Maybe you could try this?

Michele