This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On the Dynamite I only used the supplement not a complete feed. My father
was a race horse trainer and he always told me to try and keep the horse's
diet as natural as possible, grass hay, straight oats if you give any, and
a supplement for vitamins and trace elements. He said as he was raising
horses and they had so MANY both race horses and working stock (mostly
morgans) they very very rarely had a case of colic.

Yes I have 10 seperate water tanks and scrub them out every other day to
battle the algae. It is not practical to put a goldfish in those tubs
because the horses will drink the water down to a few inches. Bye bye
fishie. Plus, the one time I did put a fish in there, a heron came over and
took it out. Thanks Misha, he gulped.

I think I have a fairly unique situation. The holding paddocks are each
several acres. The pastures are 6-10 acres each. I try and give the horses
a LOT of space to move. (And boy do they run and play!!!) Plus I have them
separated out by age and or sex. So that means a lot of water tanks.
Obviously, it's not a situation that I can run heaters to. But the horses
don't seem to mind the cold water, always drink A LOT. In fact, I like the
cold water in the winter too. When you are working outside it is much nicer
to have a glass of cool water than warm. But then again, think of it, I
fill the tanks each once a day, that is water that is at least 40 degrees
(underground spring) so it is not bad. (Yes they have water available at
all times).

I really do think the ideal situation for the horse is to have them
pastured in some 400 acres and they get a little supplement to keep the
health up, and wormed regularly of course. But most of us do not have that
kind of option.

Best of luck

Misha