<<
 One new product that we find helpful is the 20-gal blue electric water
 bucket made by API [?]. It draws little current and our horses have been
 drinking heartily. I don't know whether dehydration has been part of any of
 the problems listed, but it is reassuring to see them drink so well.

  Peg, we use that same bucket for our outside dogs, and another for our mini
donkey Jack. Even with that bucket, and 4 other stock tank heaters, our
electric bill has only increased about 25.00 a month....including our heat in
the house running at night. ( My gas bill just doubled though, from 30
dollars a month to 65.00 ! ) Anyway,  small price compared to colic
surgery....last reported upwards here over 2,500.00, and in Ca. about double
that to 7,000.00 one friend just paid.  Yikes !    Lisa  PS  Hope your back
feels better !