This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

Have not posted since I threw out my back just before Christmas, since I'm
not supposed to sit much. So I've spent the holiday mostly reclining and
looking decorative. Doug has been printing the Digests, so I've been able to
follow them. The info on all the sudden deaths has been helpful, if very
sad. I can barely imagine such loss at the holidays.

One new product that we find helpful is the 20-gal blue electric water
bucket made by API [?]. It draws little current and our horses have been
drinking heartily. I don't know whether dehydration has been part of any of
the problems listed, but it is reassuring to see them drink so well.

Today all four got to go out and play in the snow after 3 days of being
paddock-bound. Why do I always forget the video camera when I do this? My
contentment rating rose about 25 points just being out among them. For the
first time, I saw Sadie grooming Clark, the goat. They've been bugging each
other up to now, but now he actually rubs against her and she accepts it.

The two pregnant girls seem to know they are entitled to take up more space,
and throw their weight arount a bit. I'm still surprised to see the former
Boss, Silka, defer to new Queen Sadie.
Sonny, the coming-2 gelding, is glad we have Clark, so someone is below him
in the pecking order, even if it's just barely.

We just got our new Herald. The ads are all quite impressive - it's nice to
see such quality, both homebred and imported. So many breeders have much to
be proud of. Green Valley, Beaver Dam, Starfire, Hestehaven, Field of
Dreams, are just a few of the farms whose new ads stand out. I am looking
forward to the Evaluation handbook, so we can add that information to the
Herald's Stallion Listing. I'm also delighted that Julie Will, one of our
foremost breeders, is doing so well in her cancer recovery. It will give her
an additional lift, no doubt, when
 Flotren has a fine crop of new babies this spring - how exciting!

Happy New Year to all.
Peg Knutsen  http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/