This message is from: Curtis Pierce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I know that it is early for Equitana USA planning, but today I received
a reminder from the management about a new program that they are doing
for 2001.  This program is for everyone, not just breed registries and
associations.  Therefore, I thought that I better let more of the Fjord
community know about this opportunity.

This year Equitana USA is being held June 14-19, in Louisville,
Kentucky.  This special offer comes with a 10' x 10' display area, a 10'
X 10' display stall for a horse, and an outside stall in the barn.  You
also get demonstration time in the indoor demonstration areas, a 50 word
listing in the Official Show Program, 10 complimentary passes, and 20
percent off a full black and white ad in the program.  The cost for all
this is $775.  This is price has been reduced by $1,925 from the
standard rates.

To qualify you must be a horse registry, equine association, breeding
farm, training farm, or a horse owner.  You must bring a horse to the
show.  You may promote horses, sell horses, book breedings, and/or sign
up training, lessons, or boarding.  You may not sell items other than
horses or breedings from this booth, but you may purchase additional
adjoining retail space for other purposes.

If you are interested in a booth of your own at Equitana USA, please
contact Laurie Olson at 972-906-6793, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 1199 S. Beltline
Rd #100, Coppell, TX, 75019.

If you do decide to get a booth at Equitana USA, please let me know.  If
the NFHR promotion committee and the Board of Directors approves the
NFHR booth again this year, we can combine the booths into a breed
pavilion.  Many of the other breeds do this.  It is much more effective
advertising and we can share manpower.

Whether or not you get a booth, the NFHR booth will need your help this
year. Marsha and I will be there, but we would like to share the fun
with others.  You do not need to be an expert, we have material to help
answer questions and promote the Fjord Horse.  Last year we had help
from 5 non Fjord owners.  If you can bring a Fjord horse to Equitana
USA, we can use more horses in the demonstrations.  There are usually 2
demos each of the 4 days.  If we get a lot of interest, we would like to
put an act in the Main Event.  The Main Event is the big evening show
and usually sells out, so there are a lot of people seeing your horse.
Equitana would love to have a Fjord act back in the Main Event, but we
need at least 8 Fjords to put together a good act.  If you are
interested in helping at Equitana USA or need more information, please
contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or call 703-330-2498. Thanks for
putting up with this long post!

Curt Pierce
Bristow VA
Wondering if it will snow tomorrow??
Marsha and Caribo say Hi!
P.S. This is for Equitana USA verses Equitana which is being held in
Essen Germany in March 2001.  I wish I could afford to go again to the
real Equitana! But, I must save my money for the trip to Norway in May.
I hope many of you can join us in Norway this year!