This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi everyone...I have a question...are any of you familiar with
Professionals choice saddle blankets?...The ones that rattle as if
there is that bubble plastic insulation inside? My husband has one and
used it under his western saddle while doing a 100 mile trip. The
horse now has two hand size patches of white hair on an otherwise
chestnut body. I say there is plastic in that saddle blanket and it
caused him to overheat? Either that or the saddle is too narrow. The
horse is a 15.1 hand solid Appaloosa weighing about 1000-1100 pounds.
The saddle is fairly wide...a nice big rugged saddle. Do you guys
think thick saddle blankets or thinner ones are better? What about
felt? or the professionals choice?

Sandy you mentioned a waffle gripper pad...well our tack shop has
never heard tell of them. I am wondering what to do ....if our saddles
are too narrow for Sundance what will I ever fit on Storm? A bareback
pad (just kidding ....I wouldn't stay on as long as "Paddy stayed in
Heaven." LOL...). If one uses a thick pad to protect the
shoulders...then one risks the saddle rolling. What a dilema. Any
suggestions?

Re storms recent bout with colic.... it turns out he had worms. We had
wormed in August but apparently he was reinfested. This time we used
Eqvalen as opposed to Strongid T. Apparently worms and cold water do
not mix. We are having another stool sample tested in January. Hope we
can keep this worm thing under control. Thank goodness he is feeling
fine now.

>He produces alot of smegma (sp?) in his sheath. Alot. He will
>tolerate me cleaning his sheath just fine, but will not let down.
>Bergen has constant dirty black legs from the smegma

My Storm is of the Bergen line. Yours and mine must be related? My
colts name is Red Bank Desert Storm. What is Bergens complete name?
Well it is bedtime and I am getting sleepy. Goodnite everyone, Sue in
N.B. (Desert Storm's mom)