This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 06:52 PM 12/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arthur Rivoire)

Hello from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia -

Re my suggestion that the NFHR might help educate people breeding Fjords ---
I certainly wasn't suggesting the Registry mandate anything.  My suggestion
was, I thought, a simple, practical one, and although not a cure-all, might
do some good.  It was simply that when Mike May receives the Stallion
Breeding Reports, he mails back a fact sheet on handling and training
babies.  There's nothing to lose and nothing confrontational about this.
When you buy a prescription at the pharmacy in Canada, they give you a Fact
Sheet on that drug.  How to use it.  What to watch for, etc.  When I buy
plants, tress, and bushes at my nursery, I pick up Fact Sheets ----  how to
plant irises, establish an apple orchard, plant a shrub border.  And to
make things even easier for Mike and the Registry, I volunteer to write
this simple paper.

I suggest you submit your idea to the Education Committee chairperson. The new Education Committee chairperson is Jane Sawyer. You can email her at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I can tell you that it wouldn't get sent to the people returning the Stallion breeding reports though. The time of year that they come in is already one of the busiest ones I have. What probably could be done though is it could be sent out with the blank Stallion Breeding Report forms that I send out. That way I don't have a separate mailing and additional postage either.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114