This message is from: Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> After our experience with the two methods of management, I'd NEVER go back
> to the first.
>
> I couldn't agree with you more Carol - however, an interesting note here.

> Since I first came to Green Valley Farm -every horse is lead every day into
> its
> own individual spot to be observed, eat, etc. and every horse is then lead out
> each night to their small groupings in pasture. I joked if we all got paid by
> the
> mile the employees of Green Valley would be rich. We all do this, Howard and
> Sophie too. We have the ability of standing 31 horses in individual tie
> stalls We
> built a new barn for this purpose as well as our show barn, and two other
> refurbished barns. Every horse has individual handling, eat seperatly, handled
> everyday. The facilities are solid, clean, well made with the interest of
> safety
> for the horse, fans overhead, rubber mats, hoses to wash the floors, feeders
> that
> can be washed and drained. You name it.

We offer horses for sale that are mannered, lead well, stop when you do, pay
attention, pick up their feet, clip, bath & vacuum, cross tie, stands - if they
don't they are not on the sale list. - all of our horses have the proper worming
schedule, vaccination schedule, dental work twice a year, 6 week farrier care,
individualized feeding and supplements and everyday handling -

NOW - here's the problem  -- there are some people who have come to buy horses
that
say they don't want to pay for our facilities, care, time and training  -
they've
come right out and told us so - and  then think if they buy elsewhere they are
getting a better deal - Its frustrating to me because we do - all this work,
and not
many people apply value to it. Our horses are priced within the average.

It shouldn't be up to the Registry to educate the breeders on care of the horse
-
its just the responsible way to care for them.

Pat
Green Valley Farm