This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here is a poem everyone should enjoy...Cowboy's Guide To Life

A short time ago there was a discussion going on....shavings versus wood
pellets...well I guess I am lucky....we get our shavings free from a local
sawmill...all we have to do is get large industrial garbage bags, drive 6
miles and take the time to fill them. Storm is in a box stall at night.  I
put a small pile of shavings in his stall each day and clean it all out the
following day.  We have a manure pile behind the barn.  Every second year we
get a neighbour with a tractor and bucket to spread it out in the paddock.
Since we live on a side hill (common in N.B.)  we are hoping eventually to
even the ground up some...besides it is fantastic for gardens.  My pumpkins
weighed in at over 100 pounds!  Our garden is grown on completely decomposed
horse poop!  Our ground was rocky and we just piled the manure on top and
leveled it off.  We too, wondered how to get our manure hauled away, when
another horse owner asked if we had any side hills on our place...why of
course we did...what a wonderful idea...get rid of the horse poop and build
up our ground at the same time!
Have a great day everyone, Sue in N.B.  (Desert Storm's mom)

..