This message is from: "Patty Bronson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The corner of the floor in which our horses are fed their hay is kept clean
of pellets.  This is by their choice not ours.  They don't tend to kick the
pellets to that area.

When first using the pellets they will pick up a few in their mouths but
once "tasting" nothing yummy immediately drop them.  I've used them with a 3
year old gelding, 5 year old mare, 1 year old colt and a 3 week old filly.
None of them has made ingested them a habit.

As for the comfort issue that was raised in an earlier post.... they lie
down in the stall runs which have a combination of sand, 3/4" minus (which
use to be the base but has been kicked to the surface) and hog fuel that has
large chunks of bark.  None of this seems to be of any bother to them during
their "siesta" time.

Patty Bronson
Paradise Acres
Junction City, OR