This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve,
 Please allow one more post about evaluations before you filter this topic
out. I think it would be a big mistake to take this action.  Certainly
tempers have flared around evaluation topics and will probably continue to do
so but to me that only says that this is a VERY important topic that a lot of
people have passionate feelings about.

 I, for one, have learned a lot from listening to peoples' feelings,
passionate or otherwise, on this topic. As a fjord owner, breeder, and
Evaluation Committee Chairperson I have not only had my ideas challenged and
broadened, but have had the opportunity to get a bigger picture of what the
national and international climate is around this very important issue that
in fact does effect all fjord owners; past, present and future.

This list is a revolutionary tool for allowing people from all over the world
to share ALL aspects of their involvement around this horse that they love
so. And while I agree that disagreements can be handled more tactfully I also
think conflict is an important part of reality and is in fact a critical
aspect for growth and change. In fact Carol may have done a really great
thing by stirring things up with her post. So I want to thank you, Steve, for
enabling all of us to come together in such a diverse way.

My personal thoughts relating to the recent discussions have already been
well stated by others. I only want to let people know that A LOT is going on
internationally as well as nationally right now to bring on some of the
international cooperation that has been called for by members. If people have
any specific questions please E-mail me or other Evaluation Committee members
privately and hopefully we can directly answer your questions or refer you to
people who can. And I HOPE that people continue to challenge each other on
this topic and others. Determining how these horses are evaluated is the only
way we have of preserving the qualities that we love so much about this breed.

Anne Appleby