This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Since it was asked, I shall reply for our farm...

We did not attend for we ARE BURNT OUT by  this time.  We have 4-5 Fjord
Shows in this country. But some farms show OPEN Shows and are gone every
weekend in the summer. (That is 18 weekends in a row.) By the time October
comes around, we are dead off our feet! And ready to relax.
(We do not have the money or staff to hire to do the farm work. We do it
ourselves. That's 129 acres to manage. Clinic to produce. Bed and Barn rooms
to sell. 35 horses to care for and try to exercise and train. Gift Shop to
run. Model horses to sell. Jewelry to design.)

We are having Oda-Munch-Bronk here as a guest to look at Fjords and meet
Fjord owners. We met in Norway a few years back. And we have Fjord Horse
International in common. Besides she bought the stallion I wanted and took
him to Switzerland.

Support for shows and support for evaluations come when people are informed
and can plan well in advance. All we were told was are you going??? What the
heck is this Dutch Evaluation??? No one could provide our farm with written
instructions or guidelines as to what they want or do. (In a timely manner.)

I support the American Evaluation Program and the training that is currently
in the process for new evaluators and members alike.  I do not "fear"
outside judges nor evaluation systems.  But I will support the American
System FIRST and help see it grow to a system we all can be proud of.

FHI was working on a world wide system and judging seminars.  I shall know
more when I receive the news directly from Oda when she visits.

These are my personal views.
Catherine Lassesen
HESTEHAVEN - Days Creek Oregon
Where it is cold but NOT raining.