This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List:

Well, I knew from the second I started reading Carol's Dutch Keuring post earlier in this week, that there would be some "fur and feathers flying down by the barn". I was not disappointed.

Lori, I really think your points re. evaluating young stock, the Dutch vs. the NFHR way, are very well taken. I guess I had thought that the NFHR system had provisions for acknowledging potential in 3 and under horses...I guess I had misunderstood this? I am all for and very much support the NFHR system, but, I have said it before, and I will re-iterate: I DO think that our registry should be inclusive of other fjord judges, be they from Mars or wherever. If they have the good references and experience, lets use them. In this respect I do believe the NFHR system IS lacking, as here we go, with many apologies to Ms. Stein: A ROSE (fjord) IS A ROSE (Fjord) IS A ROSE (Fjord)..........Be it in Holland, Norway, U.S., Denmark, Britain, Germany, or -Mars!!

Have a great weekend with all your fjordies, and whatever you do with them...wether driving across a state for the heck of it, a la McWethy, or just noodling in the arena. I am looking forward to taking my mare Tise out to a Trail Trial at Washoe Lake State Park tomorrow morning. A 5 mile natural trail course through sandunes, sagebrush and lots of flat water. They have had these Trials organised in California for some years, and I never had a chance to do one, and now I have one in my backyard!

Karen
Great Basin Fjords
Carson City,NV