This message is from: Ingrid Ivic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On supplements and alfalfa....

        I too have used different formula's and supplements at one time or
another
for a variety of things. They key seems to be, as with anything ingested by a
horse, is to introduce it slowly.
        I have one mare, who given anything new (small amounts or not), always
responds by having diarrhea. Clears up quick enough, but Uuugh....
        Can't say I've had trouble feeding a bit of alfalfa either. I don't feed
straight alfalfa, but rather a mix. Mostly these guys and gals get grass hay,
but come winter, I add some alfalfa for the calories. It's good for the mares
a few months before and after they give birth as well.   Ingrid, in Ohio