This message is from: "Cheryl Beillard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

With all this talk of colic, I went out to the field last night and realized
that my 15 yr old mare, Soleia, still nursing her May foal, Veronica, was
definitely not a happy camper.  Didn't finish her grain supplement, didn't
touch her hay .. had a temp. of 102 .. I was trying to think what might have
caused this and the only thing I had changed in her diet was to introduce 4
scoops of farriers formula, which is alfafa based, about 4 days ago ..  I
decided to feed her the FF to improve her feet, really as an impulse, when I
saw it in the feed store and fell victim to the hype .. without realizing
its high alfafa content.  It seems to me I've read that fjords can't
tolerate alfafa and this, of course, is a concentrated pellet, even if only
a small amount.  She is fine today and I haven't fed her any more but wonder
if any of you have had the same experience or if there are fjord owners out
there who swear by the stuff or, conversely, have sworn off it?   It will
make a nice expensive little gift for a friend with TBs if the latter is the
case!