This message is from: " Dave McWethy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'd like to add my bit to this.  I think forelock leading is a bad idea in
general.  I keep seeing the word "grab".  If you pull too hard you pull the
forehead skin away from the skull.  It's not a good way to lead a horse that
is resisting.

I lead rather frequently in and out of pasture under the chin.  All of my
horses easily train to do that.  I think it feels nice to them, and to me
too.  If I need to restrain on who is being pushy I can put a finger in the
corner of the far side of the mouth, and/or put my second hand on top of the
nose, and then go back to just the hand under the chin when the horse goes
gently.

Try it on yourself - would you like to be led with someone pulling your hair
or by a hand under your chin?

Dave