This message is from: Sam & Sue Banks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

      Since we are on the subject of pain, I just wanted to say "Thank
you" to the person who posted a few months ago about the book _Pain
Free_ by Pete Egoscue. I think it was Lisa Pedersen who mentioned it
about helping plantar fasciitis.
      I have had chronic back pain for many years, and that is why I got
my first Fjord - riding the big horses hurt, so I thought I would drive
a Fjord when I couldn't ride. After the post about the book and looking
at the reviews on Amazon.com, I got the _Pain Free_ book and started on
the exercises for the lower back. I was skeptical that it would help as
quickly and as well as the customer reviews had said, after all, I had
gone to a physical therapist who rides dressage to get a program made
for me, which only made me feel worse. I thought Egoscue's theory made
sense, though.
      The lower back exercises were easy to do for someone with back
pain (most exercises aren't) and have really helped. After three weeks
on that program in June, I started one of his other conditioning
programs in another Egoscue book _Health Through Motion_ to address my
twisted torso position. My chiropractor is amazed I am now riding 4
times a week (not hard riding yet!) and my body is doing better than
ever.
      My sister and mother were so impressed with my improvement that
they have started doing the exercises. My mother had knee pain which has
been injected with steroids in the past, and she is so much better that
she is buying extra books to hand out to friends. My book is lent out
again, too.

Sue Banks, Mattaponi, VA