This message is from: "Bushnell's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 10:53 PM 08/15/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On today's Forest Service fire map http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/kootenai/fire/
> it appears that there are quite a few fires north and west of Libby.
> Further, it appears that most of these fires have no personnel
> committed as yet. Could some of the local folks let us know if the
> fires are going to have any detrimental effect on the show.
Steve,

In my personal unprofessional opinion, (not worth much) I think it's
probably too soon to tell.. it's just not a predictable scenario. Much will
depend on what happens with the weather. We are having increasingly cooler
nights, 37* right now, and that's helping.. few clouds and heavier
atmosphere yesterday.

We were in Libby last evening and it looked fine. Many of those fires (map
marks) are spot fires on the tops of high mountains (from dry lightening
last week) and present no immediate problem. Many of these may be
"unmanned" because they handle them by choppers packing big water buckets
to and fro.

I'm sure Sherry and Ron Dayton are keeping an eye on the situation, then
there's Patty Peterson right outside of Libby to keep them posted.
Maybe we'll hear from her later today, I'll see if I can locate her.

Let's all hope and pray the Libby show is on, I can confidently say it
looks like there's no problem at all at this time.

Ruthie, nw mt