This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It's a very good idea to first check with your vet before using anything
(especially feed related items) that is labeled for cattle.  Lots of
cattle products have growth promotants in them that are deadly to horses.

The mineral blocks for cattle are toxic to sheep.  Too much copper.  I
don't believe that an adult horse would consume enough of the block to
make a difference, but I would watch out for a weanling or yearling.  I
did one time see a horse that would actually eat the blocks, not just
lick them.  In that case I think it would have been toxic if it was
allowed to continue.

Steve White
Waterloo, Nebraska