This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All,

I am new to this group.  I have just bought a mare from Sweden who was
covered by a Swedish stallion (Knast Halsnaes) before I bought her.  She
travelled through Sweden (11hours), then rested overnight, then by boat to
Denmark (7 hours), then onto Germany where she rested 6 hours, from there she
went through Belgium and to France and crossed the English Channel then
travelled straight to Wolverhampton where she rested overnight, then onto the
Scottish borders with another transporter and then rested overnight and then
up to me in the North East of Scotland!!  It was quite a trip which took 5
days altogether.  The vet recommended to me that she be at least 40 days
gestation before she travelled.  I would also recommend that you pick a
reputable transporter as this can make all the difference.  My mare lost some
weight during transport, but faired better than the other horses on the trip.
 Anyway, good luck!

Linda Bain