This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have not read the Horse Illustrated article on sarcoids yet, but I will
pass on the information I got on them from the Chino Valley Equine Hospital.
The doctor there said that they do not know the exact cause of sarcoids but
they appear to be viral in nature (like herpes,ugh!) and tend to run in
different herds. He said chances are that if you horse has sarcoids, he has
been exposed to them from his herd situation. I don't know if that means they
are contagious, or that certain individuals are susceptible to the virus.