This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Joyce in Florida:  I am from N.B. in Canada and the weather here is wet
...wet...wet.  Can't get any haying done for the rain. The temperature is 64
above F. today.  It has been terribly muggy before this though...and before
that cold and frost!
 We still have lots of cattle farms around here.  Some dairy and some beef.
Usually there are some farmers willing to cut their best fields and bale in
square bales for us "horse people". So at least our horses can get a "square
meal".  (Cute .... I liked that Ruthie...square meal...haha) We have our hay
all spoken for if the weather would only co-operate.  The farmer even cuts
some extra fine hay for my old mare. She is on a senior ration but does love
to nibble on easy to chew hay.  I live deep in farming country.  Our trails
are nice but loaded with mosquitotos, deer flies and midgets now.  It seems
we have two seasons here...winter and July.  (:    We have no poisonous
insects or snakes...just lots of the non poisonous variety.  Do you have
problems with snakes etc in Florida?  I wonder if anywhere in Canada or the
States there is a place where there are no bugs, snakes, or winter....LOL.
Where abouts in Canada are you going?
Hi Ruthie in Montana:  so you are getting rain too!  Suppose we will ever
get sun?  This is awful.
You are still having frost!  What are your gardens doing?  We had frost
right up until about the first of June.  A lot of my neighbours gardens
chilled.  I didn't lose mine .  Didn't plant till later. So much for the so
called greenhouse effect. LOL  The bugs are trying to eat my garden and each
time I dust it rains. ):
Joyce wrote:
>One time we were in the Ocala Forest and we thought we
>saw hogs crossing the road ahead of us---------upon
>closer look it turned out to be a black bear and her 2
>cubs.Our horses just waited patiently until she went
>back into the woods.
Is it usual for Fjords to be spook proof?  Mine is only 15 months old and
appears to be very quiet.
I bought him thinking and hoping  they were an extremely quiet breed.  Am I
correct in assuming this or are they taught somehow to be quiet?  The other
horses we have had, except my 31 year old app. mare (which I have had for 24
years)  would jump right out from under you if frightened.  Sure have my
fingers crossed Storm will be bomb proof.  Anything I can do to enhance this
tendancy? Probably some of you out there have quite some stories!
Sue in N.B. (Desert Storm's mom)