This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/2/00 10:07:17 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  She
 was reading me way to well, and figured I was too nervous so she wouldn't do
 anything to risk my safety.  I had to laugh, even at my humiliation.   >>
Good story.  Your horse froze instead of getting crazy.  To a similar  point,
I saw a Shrake demonstration with 3 teenage girls on beautiful, large
seemingly well-trained Arabs, some English, some Western.  The loudspeaker
kept malfunctioning and making this shrill shreaking noise and 1 Arab was
going nuts and the girl was terrified and freaked and yelling, "Stop that,"
at the speaker.  After the demonstration when people were leaving, a local
cowboy went over and climbed on the Arab and sat there, all slumped and
relaxed looking, barely awake.  Another walked up and made the loudspeaker
shreak right next to the horse and the horse ignored it.  The horse was
reacting to the young woman's fear that he was going to freak, conveyed by
her body tenseness, and not the loudspeaker.  That was the best lesson I
received that day.  I don't remember anything else about the demonstration,
but now whenever something frightens me, I work on calming me down not making
the horse deal with it.       Gail