This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Didn't mean to imply that you can't feed them grain.  It's just that
>Strategy would be my preference.  Less chance of digestive upset,
>founder, tying up, etc.  This would go for my fjord or my thoroughbred.

Thanks Steve:  I just called our Purina dealer and he has never heard tell
of "Strategy"  I am from N.B. in Canada where we live so "far back in the
woods we have to come out to hunt!"  LOL Apparently that particular horse
feed has never made its way across the border, or at least to our area
anyway.  Shall I continue feeding 3/4 pound of 14% sweet feed  per 100
pounds of body weight( Blue Seal Charger) to Storm (about 8 cups twice
daily,) or switch to whole oats or crushed oats plus a mineral supplement,
as most other Fjord owners have advised me to do ?  He weighs between 500
and 600 pounds and is 14 months old.  He was just gelded a month ago and is
in good shape.  We feed good quality hay as there is no pasture available.
If oats are ok how much should I feed? Crushed oats or whole oats?  Thanks
for your help, Sue (Desert Storms mom)