This message is from: Jon & Mary Ofjord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Steve White wrote:"Shame on you.  Don't you know it's good luck to have a
swallow nest in your barn."

O.K., O.K.....Luck, schmuck, the birds ARE nesting in the barn, but NOT
above the stalls on top of the lights.  If I had let them nest on the light
fixtures, I would have had fried swallows when I turned on the lights. In
case anyone wondered how I discouraged them, I just knocked down the mud
they brought in each day for about a week and they finally gave up that
site.  They started a new (two, actually) nest site in the rafters on the
cross piece.  As long as we don't get mites, lice or whatever, they are
welcome.  Sounds like popular opinion goes with leaving the swallows stay,
so stay they will. Thanks for all your input. ;-)

Mary O.
North Coast Equestrian Center
Grand Marais, MN