This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I call this my " I'll rip your lungs out" if you do it again, voice!

Yup, I use a similar "vocal weapon" on 3 of my equines.  It causes the
donkey to sort of hump up her back and tuck her tail up between her
hind legs, trying to look invisible.  Two of the Fjords (Nansy and
Sleepy) get an apologetic look to them---"Oh, you meant THAT kind of
<whatever>; sorry, I misunderstood you...."  My husband once commented
that Nansy "responds well to verbal abuse"!  I.e to "muleskinner
language"....

Unfortunately, yelling causes the 3rd Fjord (Rom) to go into brain
overload---he'll spook drastically if he thinks you're mad at him
(even if you were yelling at someone else).  What works for him is to
calmly explain what behavior I would prefer that he do---without
making eye contact.  Yes, Virginia, there are "soft" Fjords....  ;-)

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon