This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just wanted to second Sue Frievald's message about the fun & informative
driving clinic taught by Pat Wolfe at Old Hickory Farm in New York state
this past weekend.

We covered safety, proper fit and adjustment of the harness, techniques used
in starting the young driving horse, ground driving, hitching, proper ways
to hold the lines, and finished up on a cones course. We used four of
Julie's Fjord mares, who all behaved perfectly throughout. Pat then gave
private driving lessons, where I was lucky enough to drive Julie Will's
young stallion Prisco. What a thrill! Pat showed me how to drive one-handed
and it was so exciting (and a bit scary at first!) to be maneuvering such a
powerful yet responsive animal with one hand. I'll need a lot of practice on
the rein-board before I feel really comfortable driving that way.

I especially enjoyed Pat's tips on starting young horses and will be able to
immediately put them to use. He gave us lots of sensible, common-sense tips
that can be done by anyone. He also let us in on a few of his secrets that
have helped him garner so many Canadian driving championships.

Thank you to Julie Will for organizing and hosting the clinic!

Lori Albrough
Moorefield, Ontario