This message is from: carol j makosky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Also is that new wide electric fence stuff ok alone or do I need something
> more solid for at night or when I'm not home?  I hate to spend a fortune on
> somebody else's place.
>  The desert here sure isn't empty.  If you watch out the window at any time
> you can see cottontail rabbits, jack rabbits, two kinds of quail and all
> their babies everywhere, lizards, hawks.  Every 30 seconds something goes by.

Hi Gail,

I can't help you out with the rock question, but can tell you that the fence
works if your horse totally respects electric fence.  I love the wide white
tape.  It is so easy to work with.  I have that as my top wire and then just one
more half way down.  The second wire is just the black and yellow 1/2 wide
stuff.  I do not even have it installed as the manufacture shows.  I do make
sure
it is not off more than a day or two and do keep it on almost all the time.  The
horses can sense when it is off and will take advantage of it.  I think most
horses respect the electric, but you know there are always exceptions to the
rule.  I am lucky that Heidi respects the electric.  I even use just the narrow
tape to make temporary fenced areas around our yard for her to enjoy the lawn.
This is not even charged and she stays put.  But I never leave her out there
when
gone.  The only time she went through the temporary fence was when a hornet was
after her and she wanted to get back to her regular pen.  I hope that my
experience has helped.

--
"Built FJORD tough"
Carol M.