This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Driving around in the "outskirts" of Las Cruces as the base of the Organ
Mountains, I saw behind a trailer a group of horses with -- doing a
doubletake -- four fjords amongst them.  I stopped and talked to the guy.  In
the summertime he lives in Santa Fe and runs packing trips for tourists and
the fjords are used to carry packs and one is his personal riding horse.  he
says he likes them because all of a sudden everything comes to a stop and he
turns around and there is a fjord with its pack upside down on its belly, so
it just stopped, where any other horse would have taken off and gone nuts.
He got them from the original NM bunch up in Taos.  Very strange to run into
fjords in the middle of the desert.  The heat doesn't seem to bother them
much, maybe a little lazier -- with my girls it's hard to tell (vbg).
                  Gail in Las Cruces