This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi all, Laura Wich here.  It was nice to see some Fjord turnout at the 2
phase event at Green Mountain Horse association.  Craig really enjoyed
Running the event and Russ and I enjoyed being his Go..fers... I have to get
the placing list from Craig.  Hilmar did well, I am not sure if he went
training or prelim, Sue??  I met some Fjord folk who were at the clinic as
well, but did not catch you first names, are you on the list, you brought
Comet?  (now there were some well groomed Fjords.)   Marty and Andvick looked
super as usual. Russ drove SF Abigail Limit preliminary placing First. I let
Russ drive her as I was trying out my big big big Dutch Warmblood.  He placed
second in Intermediate horse but it was hairy as he was very unhappy with the
bit I chose, not enough room for the port.  I think Marnyx drove Int. and
advanced tests, but I am not sure they had any pony competition.  When I get
the list I can give a better report.  Nancy Botte brought Sonny to the clinic
in NH with Bill Long this passed weekend. That is a nice walk on that fjord
pony.  She was asking advice and i have had some calls on Combined driving
carriages.  I really recommend driving the vehicle you have in mind making
sure over distance it is not to heavy. Too light is a problem as well!  Very
hard to fit the Fjords!  I had a Dartmoor Merlin I liked very much for all
phases but it was light for some of my fjords 14 hands and up.  Really
depends on the fjord not just height. They have a larger horse model but I
did not like the height you want to keep your center of gravity closer to the
ground.  I have a bat mobile that is fine for a well conditioned Fjord but to
go int. or advanced it can be to heavy.  The mini bat (ECC) is a good choice
if they are under 14 hands, I would pick this  and use a 2 wheeled cart for
Dressage.  Wood vehicles are easier to clean and black paint is easier to
patch up.  Pacific Carriage makes a nice vehicle that is for all phases. I
think it is a tad high but I know someone who does very well with a 14 2 or
so Morgan.  Orville unrau make  a fjord size combined vehicle for Fjords. I
have never seen it , Orville?  The model O. ECC is a nice ride but can be a
bit heavy for under 14 hands.  We have one for larger Fjords and for pair, We
like it.  The Kuhnle does have a nice vehicle I understand that is not as
heavy now and that is a nice vehicle.  Hope this helps some people make good
choices.   Ps.  We really need to move our Fjord herd so we are taking
reasonable offers on our horses. They do include combined driving horses that
Craig and I use.  Please visit WWW.norwegianfjordhorses.com  on sale page for
new photo's and pass the word along for me, Thanks.   Laura of Mink Hollow